Welcome to the City of Greenville Business License, Hospitality and Accommodation's Tax Center
The City of Greenville Tax Center provides business owners access to: Submit for a new business license, view, or renew their annual license, pay outstanding balances to include monthly hospitality and accommodation tax payments.
However, the tax center does not except business license renewal payments for Resident & Non-resident contractors along with various other businesses. For a complete listing select here NAICS codes that cannot renew online (PDF).
ATTENTION: IMPORTANT 2022 BUSINESS LICENSE RENEWAL INFORMATIONDue to South Carolina State Law changes (Act 176 SC Business License Standardization Act) the following items will impact when your business license renewal is submitted. Business License Letter Regarding Act 176
- All SC business licenses now expire April 30 of each calendar year.
- The business will still report your gross income based on the 2021 calendar year (January through December).
- The 2022 business license renewal applications will be mailed out in late January.
- The City of Greenville will not be accepting 2022 business license renewals until February 1st.
- Resident businesses that pay before the last day of March will still be eligible for a 2% early discount.
Access retrieval information: The information necessary to renew your license using our online payment portal can be located on your most recently issued business license. If you are still unable to locate the required information, please use the link below. This will direct you to an e-form that once completed, will assist us in retrieving the requested information. Request for License Information (e-form)
Need Help? Online How-To Guides for the Online Tax Center Portal:
Online How-To Guides:
Business License Guides | Hospitality Tax Guide | Accommodations Tax Guide Related City of Greenville Main Website Links
Business License (Information, Forms, Questions) | Accommodations Tax (Information) | Hospitality Tax (Information)
Effective December 2nd, 2021, there will be a 2.65% service fee on all debit and credit card transactions. The processing fee is assessed by a third party and is not collected by the City of Greenville.